Questions and Answers
Here is a growing list of common questions we receive from our website managers. Feel free to contact us in Web Services if this information doesn't answer your questions.
- I want to create a website. Where do I begin?
- We created a resource just for you at www.bellevuecollege.edu/webpublishing/createsite.asp
- I want to redesign my website. Where do I start?
- The process of redesigning your website is very similar to the one of creating a brand-new website. The only difference is that you already have a website available so you probably have some lessons learned from the current website. We created a resource just for you at www.bellevuecollege.edu/webpublishing/createsite.asp
- I just updated my network password and Dreamweaver won’t let me post to the web. What do I do?
- You will need to update your profile in Dreamweaver. Please contact Web Services on how to do this.
- I just upgraded Dreamweaver and my website disappeared, what do I do?
- You will need to recreate your site definition in the new version of Dreamweaver. This will allow Dreamweaver to know where your website is in your website is in your hard drive and where it is on the web server. Web Services can assist BCC website managers with this.
- What software do I need to update my website?
- Technically, you don’t need any software, but most people find it easier to update their sites by using web authoring tools like Dreamweaver or Contribute.
- How do I add a PDF file on the web using Dreamweaver?
- If you know where the document is in your hard drive, all you need to do is create a link to that PDF file from your web page. If the PDF is not in your website folder, Dreamweaver will ask you if you want to copy it to your website. After you create the link, remember to 'put' the PDF file on the web server.
- How do I create a PDF (Portable Document Format) file?
- You need to have a PDF conversion tool such as Adobe Acrobat Professional or a free tool like PDF Creator. Please submit a Request Center ticket about getting one of those tools installed on your computer.
- How do I add a new page to my website using Dreamweaver?
- This may be different on a site to site basis. Please contact Web Services to get assistance with adding pages to your site.