Is it possible to print from the wireless Network?
If you are a student and can use the open lab (N250) you can currently print to the open lab printers. You have two options for doing this. The first is via the web and should work for most computers. The second is specific to iPads but may work on some iPhone models as well.
Via the web:
- Logon using the same username and password you would logon to a school computer with.
- Click on "Web Print" at the left of the screen.
- Click on the "Submit a Job" link.
- Make sure the "ps\N250 (virtual)" printer is selected and then click on the "2. Print Options and Account Selection >>" button.
- Click on the "3. Upload Document >>>" button.
- Your document must match one of the types displayed. If it is click on the "Browse..." button and select the file to print. When selected click on the "Upload & Complete >>>" button.
- Your job will be uploaded and rendered on the server. Depending on the size of the document this may take a little while. When the job is finished rendering the message will change to "Held in a queue" You may now go to the Open Lab (N250) and release the job as you would normally do so. The job will stay in the queue for one hour.
From and iPad and some iPhones:
Please note, you must be connected to the "BC" wireless SSID to use this feature"
- Select "Install" to start the installation
- When prompted about the authenticity, select "Install Now". Installation will start (if you have a passcode you may be prompted for that prior to installation being allowed to start). Click on the "Done" button when complete.
- Press the home button to go back to the home screen you will now see a "Printing" icon.
- Start the "Printing" application
- You will be prompted for your username and password. Use the same username and password you would use to logon to a lab system.
- When finished select the "Log In" button
- You should now be connected to the server. Depending on what type of device you are using (iPad or iPhone) your screen will show more information. You can now exit this screen (home button).
- To print go to the application you wish to print from (Notes is a good test)
- Choose the "Send" icon at the bottom of the screen
- Choose "Select Printer >"
- Select "BC_N250"
Removal of the Web Clip:
- Then select "Print"
- Go back and open the "Printing" web clip that was installed. This will authenticate you with the server. Please note, you must do this within 10 minutes of sending the job
- You can now go to the Open Lab (N250) and release the job as you would normally do so. The job will stay in the queue for one hour.
- Open the "Settings" Application on your iDevice.
- Select "General"
- Scroll down to "Profile" and select this option.
- You should be shown "Printing". If so select the "Remove" button.
- When prompted if you want to remove the profile, select "Remove"
- The Web Clip has now been removed