Monitoring and Remedies
- Web Services will monitor web pages housed on BCC Web servers for appropriate use of resources and appropriateness of information displayed. Violations of any BCC policies or IT security standards will be reported to the BCC IT Security Administrator and/or the Dean of Information Resources, or authorized designee.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of an established Website must be delegated by the Budget Authority approving initial creation of the site to a new Website manager in the event an individual assigned as a Website manager separates from the college. The Budget Authority must contact Web Services to notify them of any such changes.
- Website managers will be notified by Web Services of any areas of non-compliance and they will have the opportunity to fix or remove the content.
- If, after being allowed a reasonable time for correction the material remains posted, the BCC IT Security Administrator and/or the Dean of Information Resources, or authorized designee will order the site be shut down pending further investigation or corrective action.
- After consultation with the President’s Staff and/or Educational Services Cabinet, as appropriate, the site and its content will be subject to immediate removal. The server privileges granted to the Website manager will be also be immediately revoked.
- Repeated postings of such information by the same individual will result in loss of privileges to post any information or sites to BCC’s Web server.
- Web server privileges are considered administrative privileges, as described in the BCC IT security standard addressing “Security Privileges.” Like administrative privileges, Web server access and privileges will be revoked, without warning, if it appears there has been a deliberate attempt by the user to elevate privileges, or to utilize privileges to gain access to BCC networks or systems to which authorization has not been given.
- Any suspected breach of security will immediately be reported to the BCC IT Security Administrator and/or the Dean of Information Resources or an authorized designee, and to an appropriate unit administrator responsible for the Website. The procedures described under “Remedies” in the BCC IT security standard addressing “Security Privileges” will be followed, if applicable.