BC Information Accessibility Standards for Web Pages are outlined in detail in the following sections. Web pages produced for Bellevue Community College and those that represent the college are required to comply with all general requirements (numbered 1 through 12). Web pages that are created to support a program or project that is funded through a federal grant or type of funding from the federal government are required, by law, to be in compliance with additional standards (numbered 1 through 15). All standards presented in this document have been taken directly from the federal standards that were approved and now enforced by the U.S. Access Board as of June 2001. For more information about this requirement, please review the Section 508 home page at www.section508.gov/.
- Provide a text equivalent for all non-text elements.
- Don’t Rely on Color Alone.
- Use Markup to Identify Changes in Natural Language.
- Make Pages Readable With or Without Style Sheets.
- Update Dynamic Content.
- Don’t use <BLINK> and Avoid Flickering on the Page
- Make Sure Content and Link Text Is Clear.
- Server-Side Image Maps.
- Use Appropriate Markup in Data Tables so They Are Readable.
- If Using Frames, Title All Frames Within the Page Frameset.
- Applets and Scripts.