Students completing this certificate should:
- Function as a member of the imaging team.
- Use appropriate medical language to communicate with co-workers and ancillary staff.
- Understand and apply knowledge of radiologic anatomy and basic imaging modalities.
- Perform duties safely and effectively within the scope of practice.
- Demonstrate basic CPR and first aid skills.
- Employ knowledge of HIV/AIDS safety regulations based on WA State HIV/AIDS training.
- Apply problem solving and critical thinking skills within the scope of practice and in coordination with team members to foster good patient outcomes.
- Use effective written and oral communication skills and listening skills in interactions with a diverse patient population.
- Practice with compassion, empathy and respect for all patients.
- Know and practice the legal and ethical guidelines of the profession.
- Follow facility guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Apply knowledge of common data systems used in hospitals.
- Adhere strictly to current HIPAA and patient confidentiality regulations.