Spring 2013 RN Refresher Program
Our RN refresher program is for registered nurses who
- have not been actively practicing.
- have been working in nursing positions other than acute care.
- need to reactivate their Washington State licensure.
Content in the program includes up-to-date information on
- the nursing process
- ethics and legal issues
- mental health assessment
- the pathophysiology and management of common medical-surgical conditions
Other topics include:
- pain management
- nutrition and hydration
- pediatric assessment
The skills review and clinical practicum provide opportunities to refresh nursing skills and to work with an instructor in an adult acute care setting. BC is a Washington State approved refresher program.
Is an online program for you? Please take this short quiz to see if it is right for you.
SPRING 2013 Program Details
- Classes begin April 1, 2013
- Class Size: 32
- RN's with the least time lapsed in the profession will get priority placement if there is over enrollment in the program.
- RN's who have been out of practice for over 20 years, may not be accepted into the program.
- Theory classes will be held online with 3 or 4 days on main campus for lab skills.
- Tuition is $3,165 (3 payments - 1st payment due before classes begin))
- $60.00 application fee (non-refundable/non-transferrable)
- Additional Costs: Class and clinical placement Fees (approx. $214), books, supplies, immunizations, CPR and background check
- Program includes: Theory (110 Hours), Clinical (72 Hours) and Preceptorship (96 Hours)
- You must pass each section before moving on to next section
- Length of program is four (4) months
- Reliable computer and printer are required
- International RN's are welcome to take the "Theory Only" portion of the program - immunizations and background check not required
Important Dates (subject to change)
- Orientation - Tuesday, March 26th, 1pm to 4pm (on campus)
- Online Theory Classes begin April 1st
- Skills Lab Classes on campus week of June 10th and June 17th - specific days and times will be provided upon acceptance to program
- Clinical Hours begin the week of July 8th
How to Apply
- Complete RN Refresher Application (Application process will open May 1, 2013)
- Pay $60.00 non-refundable/non-transferrable application fee
- Conviction/Criminal History Disclosure Form [PDF]
- Current Resume
- Application deadline August 2, 2013
- Notification of acceptance into the program will be August 9, 2013
- Only hard copies will be accepted, please do not email or fax this information.
- Immunizations and Background Check will be required upon acceptance into the program.
Note: Please hold your immunizations until after you are accepted into the program.
Mail or hand-deliver your completed forms and resume to:
RN Refresher Program
Health Science, Education & Wellness Institute, R130
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007