RN Refresher Program - Fall 2013
Our RN refresher program is for registered nurses who
- have not been actively practicing.
- have been working in nursing positions other than acute care.
- need to reactivate their Washington State licensure.
Content in the program includes up-to-date information on
- the nursing process
- ethics and legal issues
- mental health assessment
- the pathophysiology and management of common medical-surgical conditions
Other topics include:
- pain management
- nutrition and hydration
- pediatric assessment
The skills review and clinical practicum provide opportunities to refresh nursing skills and to work with an instructor in an adult acute care setting. BC is a Washington State approved refresher program.
FALL 2013 Program Details
- Classes begin September 2013
- Class Size: 32
- RN's with the least time lapsed in the profession will get priority placement if there is over enrollment in the program.
- RN's who have been out of practice for over 20 years, may not be accepted into the program.
- Theory/Lab Skills classes will be held on the main campus 3 to 4 days per week (weekdays, between the hours of 8am and 4pm).
- Tuition is $3,165 (3 payments)
- $60.00 application fee (non-refundable/non-transferrable)
- Additional Costs: Class and clinical placement Fees (approx. $214), books, supplies, immunizations, CPR and background check
- Program includes: Theory (110 Hours), Clinical (72 Hours) and Preceptorship (96 Hours)
- You must pass each section before moving on to next section
- Length of program is approximately five (5) months
- Reliable computer and printer are required
- International RN's are welcome to take the "Theory Only" portion of the program
How to Apply
- Complete RN Refresher Application
- Pay $60.00 non-refundable/non-transferrable application fee
- Application deadline August 2, 2013
- Notification of acceptance into the program will be August 9, 2013
- Current Resume
- Conviction/Criminal History Disclosure Form [PDF]
- Copy of CPR card
- Background check - pending more information coming
Please submit the following paperwork after you have completed the application:
Mail or hand-deliver your completed forms, immunizations, background check and resume to:
RN Refresher Program
Health Science, Education & Wellness Institute, R130
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007