Nursing Assistant, Certified (NAC) Program
Certified nursing assistants have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide daily care to adult residents, patients, and clients who are unable to care for themselves. This includes assistance with basic care skills such as grooming, bathing, and feeding. Giving both social and emotional support is a large part of the job, in addition to being familiar with resident rights, the legal aspects of care, death and dying, dementia care, and communication skills necessary to function with confidence in a healthcare team.
Certification can be used as a stepping stone into nursing or other healthcare professions.
This program prepares students for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) Examination for OBRA Nursing Assistant Registry and Certification in Washington State. Our program is an Approved Washington State Nursing Assistant, Certified Program.
Our NAC program includes on-campus, classroom and laboratory instruction, as well as supervised clinical practice in local hospital and long-term care facilities. Learning experience focuses on developing beginning confidence related to nursing assistant care skills and/or preparing students for careers in nursing or other healthcare fields. The course is offered every quarter.
Summer 2013 Program Information:
- Summer 2013 program period: June 15 - August 15, 2013
- Schedules: Monday through Thursday, 5-9 pm & Saturday, 8am to 4 pm. Clinical schedule varies.
- Tuition: $1,290
- Non-refundable Deposit: $60.00 (This fee must be paid after applicants are accepted by the program. It will be deducted from the tuition)
- Application Period: March 15 - May 10, 2013
- Application Deadline: May 10, 2013 - The online application form and required documents must be received by this date.
How to Apply:
- Attend Information Session (See the schedules below)
- Read the Functional Abilities Required for Nursing Assistant Program [PDF]
- Complete Online NAC Application
- Read the NAC Program Application Instruction [PDF] and submit the following required documents:
Note: Applications will not be processed until all required documents have been received
Mail or hand-deliver application documents to:
Bellevue College Nursing Assistant Certified Program
ATTN: Chie McCaughey
3000 Landerholm Circle SE, R130
Bellevue, WA 98007
Information Sessions & Advising
Attendance at one of our information sessions is required for the NAC Program. For advising questions, please e-mail Jo-Ann Gazdik, NAC Coordinator/faculty at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-564-5604.
|Wednesday, May 15, 2013||5 pm - 7 pm||B228|
|Monday, June 3, 2013||5 pm - 7 pm||B228|