If you plan to apply for admission to the Associate Degree Nursing program, you are required to complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). The TEAS is designed to determine the academic readiness of applicants and contains four subtests in Math, Science, English and Reading.
- TEAS must be completed within one year of application and cannot be taken more than 2 times in the same period.
- Pre-registration is required
- Only web registration is accepted. No registration by phone or in person.
- Registrations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis and must be submitted prior to the test day.
- Make sure to register for a day and time that you can come. The registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE even if you are unable to take the test. If you need to change your test day or time, you have to register for another session with a new fee.
On this page...
- Testing schedule
- How to register for the test
- Test day
- What happens if there is bad weather on your test day?
- Frequently asked questions
- Contact information
Below is the upcoming testing schedule. Space is limited, be sure to register early.
|Friday, June 28, 2013||8:00 am - 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday, July 2, 2013||1:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday, July 11, 2013||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday, July 16, 2013||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday, July 16, 2013||5:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Friday, July 26, 2013||8:00 am - 12:00 pm|
|Thursday, August 1, 2013||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday, August 20, 2013||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday, August 20, 2013||5:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Thursday, August 29, 2013||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
Testing Services, B132F
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
The TEAS is offered in partnership with the Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI). You can register for the test on the ATI website.
Here are the steps:
- Visit the TEAS registration website for Bellevue College.
- Select a date and time
- To register for your selected session, creat an ATI account with a user name and password if you do not have one. You need to bring your ATI user name and password to test.
- Pay the non-refundable registration fee of $71.50
After submitting a registration, you will receive an email confirmation from ATI.
Be sure to select the correct date and time when you are able to take the test.. The registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.. We do not make changes for your registration. If you need to change your test date or time, you have to register for another test session and pay a new fee.
NOTE: Due to limited seat availability, TEAS registrations are accepted on a first come first serve basis. You can register and take the test on our campus even though you are not a current BC student.
Refund Policy: Registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE even if you are unable to take the test. If you need to change your test date or time, you have to register for another test session and pay a new fee.
Accommodated testing for individuals who have disabilities is available upon request/approval. For more information or to request accommodation, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. What To Bring On Test Day
- Valid government-issued photo identification.
- Your ATI account username and password which are needed to log into your web account to take the test. You cannot start the test without these information.
II. Important Regulations
You need to arrive and check in 15 minutes prior to the testing time.
No late admission is allowed once the test has started.
Schedule 4 hours to take the test however, you may leave if you finish the test earlier.
You will receive an unofficial score report upon completing the test.
Calculator is not allowed; scratch paper and pencil will be provided
No bag or back pack allowed in the test room. Please leave your belongings in your car or with your family or friends. Lockers are provided, if needed.
No drinks or food in the test room except for bottled water.
No hats, coats or jackets that have pockets are allowed in the test room.
You may take one break inbetween the test sections for a maximum of 5 minutes.
Cell phone use is prohibited. If your phone makes noise, or you are seen using it at any time (including breaks), you may be dismissed immediately, your scores may be canceled. This policy also applies to any other prohibited digital and/or electronic devices such as BlackBerrys, CD players, pagers, PDAs, cameras or other photographic equipment, or separate timers of any kind.
Check this website for test cancellations. If the college campus is closed or if the test center is unable to open on test day due to severe weather, a makeup test may be scheduled. You will be notified by e-mail about a rescheduled test date. If conditions are dangerous, do not attempt to travel to the test center.
If the test center stays open and the test is given, but you are unable to reach the test center because of severe weather, e-mail us at email@example.com during the week after the test date for your options.
You may also check this website to find your rescheduled test date or call Testing Services at 425-564-2243.
If you are unable to attend the scheduled makeup date, you may reschedule for a future TEAS test date at no additional charge. To do so:
Select another test date from the testing schedule listed on this website.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Identify yourself as having been registered to test on the test date that is cancelled, and indicate the alternate test date you select from our testing schedule.
1. What version of TEAS does BC use?
BC is currently using Version V.
2. Are there any online study guides or practice tests available for preparation?
Yes. There are study guides and practice tests available on the ATI website.
3. What score is required for applying to the Nursing program?
A minimum score of 74 is required.
4. When should I take the TEAS?
TEAS must be completed within one year of application and cannot be taken more than 2 times in the same period. At BC, we do not require you to wait for a certain time before retaking the test.
5. Is there a retest fee?
Yes. You need to re-register for another test session and pay a new registration fee.
6. Is it possible to retest only one section of the TEAS?
No. You will have to retest all four (4) sections.
7. Can I register for the TEAS if I am not a student at BC?
Yes. You can register for the test whether or not you are enrolled at BC.
8. Can I use a calculator when taking the TEAS?
No. Calculators are NOT allowed.
9. When will I receive my result from the TEAS?
The score will be available immediately after the test.
10. I took the TEAS at another college, how do I send my result to BC?
If you took the TEAS at another institution, you need to request an official transcript through ATI to be submitted to BC. A copy of your score report will NOT be accepted.
11. If I have a bachelor’s degree, do I need to take the TEAS?
Yes. You are still required to take the test for applying to the Nursing Program.
12. Can I get a refund if I need to cancel my test registration?
No. The fee is NON-REFUNDABLE even if you are unable to take the test.
13. What should I do if I need to change my test date or time?
We do not make changes for your registration. If you need to change your test date or time, you have to register for another test session and pay a new fee.
Testing Services, B132F
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Phone: (425) 564--2243
Fax: (425) 564-2132
Other Contact Information:
For information about preparing for the TEAS, visit Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) website.
For information about admission requirements for Associate Degree Nursing Program, visit Nursing Department website.