The General Educational Development (GED) Tests measure high school-level skills and knowledge. Completion of the tests may provide adults alternate credentials for attending college or pursuing a career. To take the GED test, you must be at least 16 years old. Bellevue College is an authorized GED test center.
Orientation and test schedules have been changed, refer to the GED Calendar for updated information.
Prior to taking the test, read the following information:
- Attend a registration/orientation session.
This is required. Please see the GED calendar or call 425-564-2243 for specific dates and times. The session will take about one hour. No late arrivals will be admitted.
- Bring necessary documentation with you.
You will need:
- An official government-issued photo ID such as a driver's license, state ID card, or passport.
- Examination fee: $30 for each subject test. The total fee for all 5 subject tests is $150. You can pay for one test at a time, but the fee must be paid before testing. The fees are nonrefundable.
- Your social security number.
- An address in the state of Washington.
- If you are between the ages of 16, 17 or 18 years old, please
bring additional documentation to the orientation session:
- You must bring an under-age release form signed by your school official at either the last high school you attended or the school district in which you currently reside. You can obtain this form only from your high school counselor or administrator, or school district office.
- If you have been home schooled and are 16, 17 or 18 years
old you must have a parent sign and have notarized the
necessary underage release form. This form is available
from our GED examiner. Call 425-564-5609 or 425-564-2243,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At the time of the test You must provide an official government-issued photo ID such as a driver's license, state ID card, or passport. You will receive a testing schedule when you attend orientation.
GED Info Bulletin
This is an outstanding resource for students preparing to take the GED.
Purchase an official GED practice test in the BC Bookstore.
For information on our GED Preparation classes, please call (425) 564-2067, or visit the GED Preparation website. The class fee is $25 per quarter.
You may also sign up for classes at Hopelink Adult Education (425) 457-9685.
GED Testing Service
Visit the GED Testing Service website for the following valuable information:
- Sample Test Questions
- Calculator Operations Video and examples
- Alternate Format Gridding video and examples
For more information, please call or come to the Testing Services in room B132.
Complete the Records Release Form and submit it to the GED office. The form must be signed before your records can be released. A request via email will not suffice. All GED transcript/score reports will not be faxed but only sent by regular mail to the address provided in the request. There is currently no charge for this service. You can bring this completed form to the GED Testing Center in Room B132, mail it to us, or fax it. See below for fax number and mailing address.
Check the college homepage for campus closure due to inclement weather or any emergency. If the college campus is closed, no test will be available. If conditions are dangerous, do not attempt to travel to the test center.
You may also check this website to find updated test schedule.
Location & Contact Information
Testing Services, B132
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Phone: (425) 564-2243 or (425) 564-5609
Fax: (425) 564-2138