TECH 289 Portfolio Evaluation of Work Experience • 4 Cr.
Students work independently to prepare portfolio materials demonstrating their problem solving skills and experience. Must have at least six months of full-time job experience in a position closely related to the anticipated IT degree and must be on track to graduate within two academic quarters. Course is graded credit/no credit. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Outline their job functions by examining or creating a job description
- Document their ability to solve problems
- Analyze their problem solving skills as they relate to their job and the courses they have completed in their technical program
- Complete a self evaluation of their job performance, using the specific evaluation criteria
- Prepare a portfolio that reflects high quality professional presentation
- Spring 2013 (current quarter)