RADON 125 Medical Terminology for Radiologic Sciences • 1 Cr.
Presents a systematic approach to medical terminology, combining word roots, prefixes, and suffixes. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the organs and structures of the anatomic systems:
- Explain the main functions of the body systems.
- Define the word roots and combining forms used to describe the organs and structures.
- Define suffixes and prefixes in medical words.
- Build and analyze medical terms related to the organs, structures, and systems.
- Explain the meaning of new medical words by defining the elements.