PROG 175 Database Reporting • 5 Cr.
Students develop professional quality reports using the most up-to-date reporting tools in the industry. Students learn to select information from relational databases and create meaningful reports for data analysis and deploy reports in Windows applications and on the Web. Reporting techniques include drilldown, graphing and cross tabs as well as standard grouping and summarization of data. Prerequisite: BTS 168.
Class uses Crystal Report.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the benefits of using reporting tools
- Develop professional looking reports that would be useful to an organization
- Develop reports that accurately display data from popular databases
- Develop reports that summarize data from databases and present the summarized data in easy to understand formats
- Develop reports that display data graphically
- Develop reports that interact with other reports to connect information appropriately
- Develop reports that interact with users to display required information.
- Spring 2013 (current quarter)