PE 237 Physical Education for Children • 3 Cr.
Introduction to a variety of physical activities essential to the development of movement skills in children. Various curricular approaches are discussed focusing on the social, emotional and physical needs of children.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the developmental stages of physical growth from ages 3-12 years.
- Differentiate between health and skill related components of fitnesss.
- Design developmentally appropriate physical activities for a variety of children between ages 3-12
- Design activities focused on the social and emotional development of children.
- Articulate a personal philosophy of physical education.
- Identify and use health and activity resources in the community.