PE 128 Sea Kayaking & Navigation • 1 Cr.
Class meets off campus at various paddling sites for a review of institutional kayak policies, basic skill development and navigational techniques. Includes eskimo roll, chart reading, marine weather radio communications, and basic strokes.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- At the end of this course the student will:
- gain a greater appreciation of health benefits associated with kayaking
- improve muscle strength and endurance
- gain greater profeciency in kayak basic skills
- develop skills and knowledge needed to navigate marine waters
- distinguish between real and percieved risks in sea kayaking
- improve understanding of risk management issues associated with sea kayaking