NSCOM 204 CISCO Networking IV • 5 Cr.
Course uses Cisco hardware to gain hands-on experience in designing and configuring a wide area network (WAN). Topics include: WAN design, Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), Frame Relay, network management and CCNA exam preparation. Prerequisite: NSCOM 203 with a C- or better and ENGL& 101 or ENGL 201 or ENGL& 235 or ENGL 271 or ENGL 272 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform switch and router configurations.
- Modify router configuration to accommodate increased network traffic.
- Describe Frame Relay, Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP).
- Describe the Wide Area Network design process as it applies to the Physical, Data Link and Network layers.
- Maintain network configuration and design documentation.
- Explain the four-phase PPP session process.
- Add PPP, Password Authentication Protocol (PAP) and Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP) to a router configuration.
- Add ISDN to a router configuration.
- Add Frame Relay to a router configuration.
- Design a Wide Area Network.