NSCOM 202 CISCO Networking II • 5 Cr.
Course uses Cisco internetworking hardware to gain hands-on experience in designing and configuring a network. Topics include router components, startup and setup, configuring routers, IOS, TCP/IP addressing, routing protocols, and network troubleshooting. Prerequisite: NSCOM 201 with a C- or better. Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101 or ENGL 092 or 093 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the hardware and operating system in a router.
- Explain the different router modes.
- Describe the router boot sequence.
- Initially configure a router with and without the setup dialog.
- Modify and save a router configuration file.
- Perform the password recovery procedure.
- Perform a complete command line interface configuration of a router.
- Configure and verify static and default routes on a router.
- Configure and verify dynamic routing protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot a simulated Wide Area Network using five routers.