NMTEC 261 Clinical Nuclear Medicine II • 1 Cr.
Presents nuclear medicine from the physician's standpoint, emphasizing the diagnosis of disease and ways in which the technologist can assist the physician making a correct diagnosis. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- suggest one or more diagnoses for the exam, based on the particular appearances of nuclear medicine images.
- discuss the use of nuclear medicine techniques in the diagnosis of common diseases and pathological conditions.
- correlate nuclear medicine images with other imaging modalities.
- discuss the pathophysiologic processes and treatment options for diseases and pathologies commonly seen in nuclear medicine.
- Spring 2013 (current quarter)