INDES 260 Graphic Communication II • 5 Cr.
Introduces professional applications for graphic communication skills, specifically the technical drawings used in construction. Students develop a set of construction drawings and specifications for a project of their own design. Prerequisite: INDES 160 and INDES 162 and INDES 170 and INDES 190 and INDES 191 or concurrent enrollment in INDES 191 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic sequence of the design process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of clear, concise and correct graphic communication (e.g. draw an accurate dimension plan.)
- Demonstrate the ability to organize, generate and complete a set of working drawings for a selected project.
- Demonstrate the improvement of graphic skills (i.e. hand lettering and drafting and/or CAD).
- Demonstrate the ability to create a professional title block.
- Define and identify the drawn and written criteria on a foundation plan.
- Plan and draw a title page.
- Draw a clear, concise and correct dimension plan.
- Draw a clear, concise and correct electrical, telephone and data location plan.
- Draw a clear, concise and correct reflected ceiling plan.
- Draw a clear, concise and correct elevation.
- Draw a clear, concise and correct construction detail.