FS 260 Arson for Profit • 4 Cr.
Presents arson for profit through theory and case studies. Students learn procedures of investigating arson fires. Where and what to look for in determining motivation and method. Prerequisite: FS 120 or permission of advisor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Recall elements present in basic and intermediate fire investigation.
- Describe a set of procedures used when investigating a potential arson for profit case.
- Compare the different motivations in arson for profit fires.
- Interpret insurance and financial records as it relates to arson for profit investigations.
- Explain the insurance immunity act.
- Describe the relationship between public, private, fire investigators and the insurance companies.
- Spring 2013 (current quarter)