ECED 193 Early Childhood Practicum III • 3 Cr.
Students identify an area of concentration to develop and implement a related research project with practical application to an early childhood education setting. Includes 66 hours participation in the early childhood setting. Prerequisite: ECED 191 and 192, conversational English, and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify an area of interest relating to early childhood education and develop an individualized research project with practical applications to an early childhood setting.
- Develop a written description of a chosen research project including pimary objectives and implementation plan.
- Articulate new concepts developed through an independent study and explain how these concepts relate to best practices in the field of early childhood education
- Demonstrate ability to apply new concepts developed through an independent study to practice in an early childhood education setting
- Reflect on current performance as an early childhood educator and identify one or more professional development goals relating to selected area of concentration
- Develop a summary report of an independent study including a visual documentation of related activities and outcomes
- Spring 2013 (current quarter)