DUTEC 155 Ultrasound IV: Echocardiography • 5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2013
Echocardiography • 5 Cr.
Continues basic echocardiography. Students concentrate on Doppler echocardiographic techniques and congenital heart disease as relating to the practice of adult echocardiography. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand pathophysiology and echo findings for primary valvular disease.
- Understand basic quantitative methods to evaluate valvular severity.
- Understand echo findings for myocardial infarctions with complications.
- Understand pathophysiology and echo findings for primary cardiomyopathies.
- Understand pathophysiology and echo findings for pericardial disease (effusion, tamponade, and constriction).
- Understand the role and fundamentals of transesophageal and stress echo.
- Spring 2013 (current quarter)