DUTEC 130 Ultrasound III: Small Parts/Intraoperative Tech • 3 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2013
Small Parts with Vasculature Sonography • 3 Cr.
Presents the anatomy and pathophysiology of small human body parts. Intraoperative scanning focuses on surgical procedures. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- to define appropriate measures to set up and maintain a sterile field when working in the operating room or in other sterile procedures.
- articulate and recognize the normal anatomy of the small parts organs cover in the course outline.
- define the pathologic conditions associated with small parts songraphy.
- identify necessary exam technique and protocol to evaluate for abnormality in small parts sonography.
- assess their own postural alignment while scanning, and make necessary corrections to obtain ergonomically correct positioning.
- write an academically appropriate paper on the anatomy, physiology, pathology, and scanning technique of any small parts ultrsound examination covered in the course material.