DRMA 291 Theater Practicum • 5 Cr.
Provides practical hands-on experience in theater production. Students work on the yearly main stage shows or on special projects for studio productions. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify a process of analyzing a specific play or musical.
- Know a variety of warm up and rehearsal exercises.
- Create a character and execute a successful rehearsal process.
- Perform a role a number of times before an audience.
- Identify the connection between the written word of the drama and the finished production of a play.
- Work positively with a director, designers and other actors to responsibly and collaboratively create a unified production.