DMA 266 Interactive Gaming for the Web • 5 Cr.
Develop interactive gaming environments for the web. Provides an overview of design for casual internet based games. Includes interface design for 2D games and effective programming practices. Prerequisite: DMA 161 with a C- or better, or entry code. DMA 266 replaces WEBMM 211. Either DMA 266 or WEBMM 211 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Work in a team environment to complete an interactive web based game
- Apply introductory programming concepts for 2D games
- Develop graphics as part of a game production process
- Develop a user interface for a 2D game
- Demonstrate proficiency with the 2D gaming application
- Understand the streaming process for a game and compression methods to increase usability
- Apply introuctory mathematics to simulate gravity and physics for the game
- Demonstrate how to design and code an interative 2D avatar
- Explain the design process for creating a web based interactive environment