DMA 201 Portfolio and Employment II • 2 Cr.
Construction of professional employment portfolios is begun through the continued exploration of strategies for industry employment (from Portfolio & Employment I) and by designing, creating, presenting mid-program digital portfolios and receiving critical feedback. Self-employment and contractual work will be discussed. Students will revisit individual pathways to completion and revise if needed. either DMA 201 or MEDIA 248 may be taken for credit, but not both. Enforced prerequisite: DMA 100 and DMA 105 at BC with a C- or better, or entry code.
New description starting Summer 2013
Industry exploration (from Portfolio & Employment I) is continued and construction of professional employment portfolios is begun by designing, creating, and presenting mid-program digital portfolios and receiving critical feedback. Prerequisite: DMA 100 and DMA 105 at BC with a C- or better, or instructor permission.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe employment standards and hiring processes in various media production industries
- Identify and use resources regarding trends and hiring expectations in their area of discipline
- Identify the key attributes of a digital media professional portfolio
- Design a working model of a professional portfolio
- Critically analyze work samples for inclusion in a portfolio
- Identify delivery methods and standards for media portfolios
- Present visual ideas in a compelling and professional manner to an audience
- Provide constructive feedback when analyzing portfolios
- Accept feedback and adjust designs accordingly
- Create written materials consistent and appropriate to professionals within the discipline/industry
- Use terminology and conventions appropriate to the task and discipline/industry
- Demonstrate proper use of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Identify personal learning styles and employment goals
- Articulate learning pathways though the DMA degree course of study
- Review their personal pathway for degree completion and employment preparation