CS 101 Technology & Computer Science • 5 Cr.
- Computer Science - Transfer
Introduces concepts of computer science through development of fluency in modern technology, while offering students an opportunity to increase skills in a variety of information systems. Computer lab work includes operation of computers on networks, programming fundamentals, logical reasoning, web searching, multimedia applications, basic spreadsheets, and database manipulation. Prerequisite: MATH 098 or higher.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify standard human-computer interfaces using industry standard terminology.
- Describe network components of computers and associated storage systems.
- Effectively search the Internet and use information to create a basic html web page.
- Describe similarities and differences between binary and decimal systems.
- Provide a descriptive algorithm for solving a problem.
- Identify digital versus analog representations of pictures and sounds.
- Identify and explain common spreadsheet functions and capabilities.
- Identify and explain common database management functions and capabilities
- Explain what a program is, and how a program is produced.