CJ 230 Women in Criminal Justice • 5 Cr.
Surveys historical and social changes in the roles women play in criminal justice agencies. Major topics are the role of women as victims, offenders, and professionals in the criminal justice system. Recommended: CJ& 101 (prev ADMCJ 101) and CJ 242 (prev ADMCJ 242).
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Students will be able to make informed decisions regarding career paths in the criminal justice system
- Students will understand and comprehend the complex nature of the issues facing women within the criminal justice system, and understand that these difficulties extend to victims, offenders, and professionals who work within the system.
- Students will be able to critically analyze the roles of women from diverse perspectives.
- Students will conduct a written review of the relevant literature which deals with their various diverse perspectives.
- Students will present to the instructor and their fellow students a c0mprehhensive study of the broad range of women’s involvement in the criminal justice system and how gender roles impact involvement.