CJ 105 Fingerprint Technology I • 5 Cr.
This hands-on course covers fingerprint identification theory. Students interested in employment in this field examine elements such as loop pattern, whorl patterns, basic-comparison and identification, and inked print rolling techniques.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to classify sets of inked fingerprints using Henry and NCIC formulas.
- Roll sets of inked fingerprints.
- Compare and identify inked fingerprints.
- Demonstrate experience in testifying as an expert witness in a mock trial.
- Eligible to apply to take entry-level Fingerprint Identification Technician employment exam.
- Develop a working Curriculum Vitae