ALDAC 100 Professional Development in Addiction Counseling • 1 Cr.
Introduction to the field of addiction counseling and treatment, state mandated counseling education and certification processes as well as methods for documenting trainee work experience hours.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the therapeutic frame
- Identify the components of the multidimensional biopsychosocial disease of chemical dependency
- Identify the differences between certification processes related to alcohol/drug studies program
- Apply to the Washington State Department of Health to be a Registered Counselor
- Create a professional portfolio
- List the differences between client populations and agency cultures
- Build a transitional resume for entering into a new career