ACCT& 201 Principles of Accounting I • 5 Cr.
Presents the nature and social setting of accounting, uses of accounting information, and basic concepts and procedures. The first accounting course required of business administration students planning to transfer to a four year college or university. Prerequisites: ENGL& 101 with a C or better. Math 138 or higher with C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Prepare and use basic financial accounting information to:
- Measure and evaluate a business’s financial position.
- Design and set-up a basic financial classification system.
- Measure and evaluate a business’s profitability.
- Determine and assess a business’s cash flows for a period.