1. Papers should be at least the following length:
for 071-2-3 and 092/3 500 words (2 pages)
for 101 500-750 words (2-3 pages)
for 271-2 750-1000 (3-4 pages)
2. Use a 12 pt standard font, double-space, and write full pages. All work must be typed.
3. Document all sources. Remember that summary and paraphrasing must me documented. BCC subscribes to a plagiarism detection service and your instructor routinely checks papers for originality.
4. If you use quotations, be sure to introduce them so your reader will know who is speaking. You also need to make sure your reader understands the point you are making with the quotation and how it relates to the main idea of your paper.
5. Make sure your name, your course number (for example, ENGL 101), and the assignment number (for example, Paper #3) appear on the first page in the upper right-hand corner. There is no need for a title page. If you leave lots of space on the first page, make sure you fulfill the word length requirement by adding another page.
6. Your paper should have a title that reflects the main idea.