Join us for our 1st annual photo contest. Winning photos will be exhibited at the Northwest Flower & Garden Show in February.
3 lucky winners will take home great prizes!
Judges will look for images emphasizing elements of design. People or extraneous objects are undesirable unless they add aesthetic value.
Only photos of the Conservatory, or flowers and foliage taken inside the Conservatory will be considered.
1. The competition is open to both amateurs and professionals.
2. Entries must be received by
3. Both black & white and color prints will be accepted, limited to 3 prints per person. Required size is 8 x10 " . Photos should be submitted in a ready-to- hang format - framed or matted. Outside dimensions must not exceed 16 x 20”. Give a brief description of each submitted image (identification of the subject is sufficient)and the location in the Conservatory. Do not write on the front or back of the photos. Place a gummed label on the back of each photo.
4. By submitting each entry, the entrant warrants that he/she is the creator of the image and grants to FOC the right to reproduce the image with attribution to the originator. Entrants consent to the use of negatives for possible publication. Photographers keep the copyright to their photographs. The work must be new and available to sell. Any entry not submitted by the original and sole owner of the photograph will be disqualified from the contest. FOC will duly consider each image for the prizes, and, if it is judged a winner, will award a prize to the entrant.
5. Entries will be judged by a panel of professionals.
Winners will be announced on
6. Entries must be picked up on February 18th or 19th between and at the FOC Gift Shop in the Conservatory. (Proof of I.D. required.) If you have been selected for exhibition, you will be notified prior to this date.
ENTRY FEE: $10 per image
All entries must be received by
Applications available directly inside the Conservatory.
By mail: Friends of the Conservatory,
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 206-322-4112
All entries become the property of FOC. Please supply as much information as you can, and please print. The more accurate your information the better we can give credit for your work. Please use one page per entry.
Name of Subject: ________________________________________
Location of Subject: _____________________________________________
Date Taken: _____________________________Camera Type:_______________
Other Photo Information: ________________________________________
Signature of Photographer: ________________________________________
* Recognizing the need for researchers to use their own photos (and the difficulty in producing them) we will assign back to the photographer reproduction rights (electronic and print) on their request.???????????????