Bellevue College: Community Class
Class: English Conversation II
Instructor: Kelly KaiPing Liu (Please call me Kelly)
Classroom/time:R110A, 9:30-11:20 AM, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Email Address: email@example.com
The last day of class: Tuesday, June 12th.
Putting it Together, A Conversation Management Text, by Kevin McClure (ISBN: 0-13-128174-7). We will use the book almost every day in class. It is available at many bookstores and www.amazon.com as well as other online sources. If you order your book online, please place the order as soon as possible because it will take a week or so to arrive.
Course Description and Objectives
This class will help you develop oral communication skills in social settings. You will practice short expressions and sentences to talk about basic communicative tasks. You will also develop vocabulary knowledge and improve fluency. In addition, this class will help you increase your confidence in English conversation.
Learning Outcomes: After successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
· Improve English pronunciation, speaking, and listening ability
· Improve ability to communicate with people from other cultures/backgrounds.
· Improve vocabulary to function better in different situations
· Be able to understand and use simple present, past, and future verb tenses correctly in general conversations.
· Be able to understand social introductions.
My Expectations: J J J
· Enjoy the class
· Come to every class. Try very hard not to be late. Students who attend 75% or more of the class will receive a certificate on the last day.
· Ask questions regularly. Seek me out if you’d like help. I welcome questions, and I’m always eager to help my students learn.
· Speak English as often as possible. Practice, practice, practice. In order to learn a language, you must USE the language.
· Make friends, and learn from others.
School Closure due to Weather:
If there is no class because of bad weather, to check to see if classes are cancelled:
· Call main college phone #: 425-401-6680 and listen to the message.
· Bellevue College homepage: https://bellevuecollege.edu
Welcome to class – work hard and have fun!! J