To support faculty effort in designing curriculum, in the improvement of classroom delivery, and in the application of technology
The Faculty Resource Center, a center for instructional innovation, is committed to stimulating faculty and staff creativity, collegiality, and exploration for a common goal: teaching excellence. The faculty resource center operates on the core values of research based curriculum design, formative assessment and continual improvement. We support instructional innovation and the scholarship of teaching, in particular where those activities intersect with technology.
- We provide web development resources, training, and curriculum design support for teaching with technology.
- We provide technology infrastructure and curriculum design resources for teaching and learning communities linked to teaching excellence.
- We assist technology driven, fast paced curriculum programs such as IT and Media to remain up-to-date through the provision of market research and curriculum consulting services.
- We support professionalism and continual improvement through the provision of training resources for computer technologies.
- In collaboration with faculty professional development director and committee, conduct and facilitate workshops and other faculty interactive sessions targeted to improve the quality of instructional skills.
- Solicit faculty suggestions in the form of position papers or teaching points to be published in the Teaching and Learning Newsletter and/or as web resources.
- Establish a digital library for faculty to share and co-develop curriculum.
- Offer faculty and staff web-based tutorials on various applications.
- In collaboration with the director of Faculty Professional Development, the Liberal Arts Center, and the Teaching and Learning Committee, create a supportive network that will provide faculty a conduit for information to improve their teaching and scholarship.
- Assist faculty in using technology to enhance the teaching and learning process.
- Provide faculty with the web development support they need to put their instructional materials online.
- Provide faculty and staff with the web development support they need to support the scholarship of teaching.
- Support faculty and staff with up-to-date information about available technologies relevant to instruction.
- Support faculty and staff with up to date information on the impact technology is having on the scholarship of teaching.
- Assist a core group of technology driven programs in keeping their curriculum current with industry through program/course development and revision.
- Assist a core group of technology driven program faculty in developing supporting documentation to obtain BCC and SBCTC approval for new program/course implementation and program/course revision.
- Serve the college community in providing industry and technology trend information to inform decisions regarding the initiation of new programs, the revision of programs’ curricula or the expansion of program curricula.
- Coordinate training for staff and faculty on campus supported computer applications.
- Serve as primary support for faculty using WebCT Vista by consulting on content management and curriculum design.
- Administer the WebCT course management software and serve a primary WebCT contact for faculty.