Worth 50 points. Due Thursday February 3. Must be two pages, double spaced, normal margins and font (10-12 pt.).
Please consider the following from your Informative Speech Assignment:
· Did my choice of topic demonstrate awareness and understanding of my audience through audience analysis?
· Did my introduction capture the attention of my audience and provide a clear statement of my thesis and preview my main points?
· Was my speech well organized and easy to follow with smooth transitions?
· Did I support my thesis with adequate supporting evidence?
· Did my topic fit the public sphere? Was it a controversial issue?
· Did I give equal time and weight to each side of the issue? Did I remain unbiased?
· Did I have a visual aid that enhanced the presentation of material in my speech?
· Did I contribute to my ethos by presenting the information in a well-articulated manner with a strong delivery style?
· Did I restate my thesis and clearly signal my conclusion?
· Did I remember that my key purpose was to inform, not to persuade?
· Did I develop and use my “key-word” presentation outline?
Identify two areas (from above or others you can think of) that you think are strong points from your speech. Analyze these and why they worked well. Identify two areas that you think are areas for improvement from your speech. Analyze these and how they could be improved. Only one point you discuss can be about your delivery. Also, identify one section that is 1-1.5 minutes in length that you would like to re-do. Discuss why you would like to re-do it and how you will specifically edit it.
On Friday, February 11 during class time you will deliver your edited 1-1.5 minute portion of your speech as part of this self-critique grade.