Covey Discussion Day #2
1. What does “Be Proactive” mean? How does a proactive person think? What actions does a proactive person take?
2. What is the difference between proactive thinking and positive thinking?
3. What is the language that a proactive person uses? How does it differ from the language of a reactive person?
4. What is the relationship between the Circle of Influence and Circle of Concern for a reactive person? What is the relationship between the circles for a proactive person?
5. Explain the relationship between Have and Be?
6. Let’s say a college student finds that she is continually running short on funding for tuition. Her family promises to pay for tuition, but every quarter the student registers and gets dropped from her classes for nonpayment because the promised funds are not available when she needs them. The student loses the opportunity for certain classes and actually has to attend BCC for a longer period of time than she would have had the money been available when she registered at the beginning of each quarter. She is not getting the classes she needs and is spending more time going to school than is necessary. How can she use the Four Human Endowments to be more proactive with this situation?