Exam Review: Final Exam
Chapters 3-7, 14
SPCH 100 – Dickson
- When verbal and nonverbal messages conflict,
which to we tend to put more trust in?
- Just like words, nonverbals do not have singular
meanings for a number of reasons.
What are some of these reasons?
Why do they influence the way we interpret a nonverbal?
- Why do we use nonverbals to communicate – what
purposes do they serve?
- Does language reflect or shape our
- Discuss the power of words.
- Do you agree with Debra Tannen’s Genderlectics
concept? Why or why not?
- What is the difference between hearing and
- What factors could contribute to making us poor
- In your life, who do you really listen to?
- When writing a persuasive speech, how can you
motivate your audience to listen?
- What are some of the strategies we use to
organize a persuasive speech message?
- In the film, Meet
the Parents, what did you notice about interpersonal relationships?
- What are some of the reasons for attraction we
discussed in class? How do you see
them in your life, both in romantic relationships and in friendships?
- What are the three dimensions of intimacy?
- Why do we engage in self-disclosure?
- What are some guidelines for engaging in
- What is a relationship climate and how does it
form in a relationship?
- What are some tips for delivering criticism?
- What are some tips for receiving criticism?
- What is philia?