BELLEVUE COLLEGE English Language Institute: Community Classes
English Conversation I
Winter Quarter, 2010
Classroom: R110 C Time & Days: 9:30-11:20, Tues. & Thurs.
First day of class: January 7, 2010 Last day of class: March 23, 2010
Textbook: A Conversation Book 2 –by Tina Kasloff Carver & Sandra Douglas Fotinos
(available for purchase at the bookstore)
Instructor: Suzanne Sievert Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (425) 646-5161 Home email: email@example.com
(I check this one more often!)
The goal of this class is to improve your oral fluency and ability to converse in English.
To achieve this goal, the course will include:
· Whole class and small group conversation activities
· Listening exercises
· Pronunciation exercises
· Vocabulary and some common American idioms
· Some basic grammar instruction
· Please come to class on time.
· Participate in class! Since the focus of this class is speaking and listening skills, nothing is more important than coming to class and fully participating in class activities.
· Ask for help when you need it. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Questions help you learn.
· Make friends, learn from others, and have fun! J
Rules and Policies
· Please do not use cell phones in class. Turn them off or set them to vibrate. If you receive an emergency call, please leave the room before you answer it.
· According to BC policy, children are not allowed in class.
· If it snows, you can call (425) 401-6680 and listen to the recording to find out if the college is closed. Or you can check the college website: www.bellevuecollege.edu