Arts and Humanities
Fall Quarter 2008
Barbara AW Wright ABE Adult Basic Education
Office: R 130W 10:30-12:20 am F
Office Hours: by appointment Classroom: R 109
Voice mail: 425-564-2066 Email: email@example.com
Foundations Writing by Contemporary Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
There are a variety of books, handouts, and software programs, depending upon individual goals.
1. To improve vocabulary development, reading techniques and strategies in the content areas.
2. To learn attitudes and behaviors for effective learning.
3. To determine and clarify individual goals toward future educational growth.
1. Promptly attend and actively participate in each class. Do not miss class except in cases of extreme emergencies. If you must miss class, please call (425) 564-2066 and leave a message.
2. Share ideas during class and complete all class work and homework activities.
3. Be respectful of yourself and others when sharing ideas.
4. Ask questions or request clarification about topics, class activities and/or assignments.
5. Establish and reevaluate individual goals throughout the quarter.
If you have medical information to share with me in the event of an emergency, please contact me via email or come to see me during office hours. Emergency preparedness is important! If you need course modifications / adaptations or accommodations because of a disability, I can refer you to our Disability Resource Center (DRC). If you prefer, you may contact them directly by going to B132 or by calling 425.564.2498 or TTY 425.564.4110. Information is also available on their website at http://bellevuecollege.edu/drc/
1. Assessment will be given throughout the quarter at individual levels based on attendance, class work, and homework.
2. Recommendation will be given at the end of the quarter for continued class participation or advancement.