Welcome to English Class!
English as a Second Language Syllabus
Level 1 and Level 2
Spring Quarter 2006
Teacher: Nancy McEachran
Teacher’s Phone Number: (425) 564-3142 (press 1)
Office Hours: By Appointment
Tuesday 11:30 to 2:00 R308
Wednesday 11:30 to 2:00 R108 Basic Skills Learning Lab
Thursday 11:30 to 2:00 R308
First Day of Class is April 4
Last Day of Class is June 15
1. pen and pencil
2. paper and notebook
3. The Basic Oxford Picture Dictionary –Buy the book at the BCC bookstore.
In this class you will learn to:
Write the alphabet and numbers Read numbers
Write words and sentences Read words and sentences
Speak English Listen to English
Ask and answer questions Ask and answer questions
Practice English with a computer Be an organized student
Set goals to practice English step-by-step Respect/listen to classmates
1. Come to school every day. If you miss 9 days of class you cannot come to class next quarter. Telephone me at (425) 564-3142 or talk to me about school problems.
2. Do your homework. Work hard in class.
3. Make progress in class. Your English must get better.
4 = excellent English
3 = good English
2 = practice, practice, practice English
1 = practice, practice, practice English
You must finish Level 1 and Level 2 in three quarters.
4. Take all of the class tests.
5. Ask questions. I like questions!